Tuesday 6 November 2012

Inspirations



  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWHYmNrAFlI. The use of cinematography inspired us to film our thriller in a specific way. The use of lighting was very effectively used with shadows, when the antagonist enters. I plan to do this with my thriller sequence.
  • The use of titles is highly effective as it sets a calm before the storm, I plan to make my title transitions as smooth as these.
  • I also like the use of sound as there is no non-diagetic sound. This technique is used to make the audience feel on edge and I plan to use this technique in my thriller so that the jolt is even more terrifying.
  • The fast paced editing in this is used to create tension and feelings of anticipation. When building up tension before the terrifying jolt or bang I plan to use this technique.


  • The lack of non-diagetic sound and the soft fading of titles is used to build up tension and create uncertainty. I plan to use this technique so that they have the same effects in my thriller.
  • I thought the protagonist was introduced well in the sequence. It played on her femininity well by surrounding her with men but highlighted what a strong character she is by how she completes the obstacle course.
  •  
     
  • I like how the victim's vulnerability is played on in this sequence as there are a lot of long shots to show how insignificant she is. I plan to use many long shots to play on my protagonist's vulnerability also.
  •  
  • I like how the location is established first to show how the character in the car is a victim of their environment. This projects feelings of danger. I plan to use this technique in my thriller as it'll make my character appear vulnerable as he is so small compared to his surroundings.
  •  
     
  • I like how the how the use of uncertainty and anticipation are used in this opening as it drops hints of the narrative.
  •  
     
     
  • I like the concept of this thriller film. 
  •  
     
  • I like how the location is established in this sequence. I plan to establish my location in a similar way by using the technique of ELS.
  •  
  •  I like the use of colour, red, and how it is being used to represent danger and passion. I plan to use a similar technique with the costume of my protagonist to show how he is in danger.
  •  
     

No comments:

Post a Comment