Wednesday 24 April 2013

Screen Shots

Final Cut - Colour correction
  • What I've learnt: I've learnt how to change the tone and the feel of a video by simlpy adjusting the colour by either saturating or de-saturating the picture.
  • Why I've decided to edit my video this way: I decided to de-saturate the picture in my sequence to give a dark and uneasy feeling to my video.
  • Why I decided to add this effect: To create an ominous effect.
 
Final Cut - Overlap 
  • What I've learnt: I've learnt how to overlap video's onto other video's.
  • Why I've decided to edit my video this way: I edited my video in this way so that it would give the impression of the protagonist is flashing back to certain events of the night before.
  • Why I decided to add this effect: i used this effect to give the flashbacks a fragmented feel to reflect the confusion the protagonist is feeling at this time.

 
 Sound Track Pro
 

 
  • What I've learnt: I've learnt how to make a sound track for a film and how to add it to my sequence.
  • Why I've decided to edit my video this way: Because i wanted to give the sequence an ominous feeling.
  • Why I decided to add this effect: I added the effect to create a tense atmosphere and the constant drone put in throughout the soundtrack creates this atmosphere as it adds anticipation.
 
 Motion Plus

 
  • What I've learnt: I've learnt how to use Motion Plus, how to make titles using the tools and how to apply the titles made on motion plus onto the film.
  • Why I've decided to edit my video this way: I chose the titles to be small, white and in a sophisticated font because it has been used in other thriller sequences (the openning to Enduring Love) and has the effect of no taking the eye off the actual film. I attempted to emulate these thriller sequences by doing this.
  • Why I decided to add this effect: In added the titles in this way because I hoped to not give the film a fast paced feel like in Se7en, but more of a relaxed unassuming feel. 
 
 Final Cut - Title templates
 
  • What I've learnt: How to use templates to place my titles in the right position.
  • Why I've decided to edit my video this way: So that all of my titles appear in the same place so that the titles don't take the eye off the video.
  • Why I decided to add this effect: It has a suttle effect as they don't take the eye off the video due to the fading in and out of the titles.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment